A not-for-profit social enterprise working to establish a radical and pioneering social change centre and enterprise zone in the rural Northwest of England, to practice and demonstrate sustainable production, living and activism, and to support others working towards an ecological and just society.
In the meantime they are also working on a number of exciting projects here in Manchester.Current projects include:
- Forgotten Fields - a collection of projects looking at the region's food heritage;
- Greater Manchester Land Army - a pilot project to explore ways to establish an army of volunteers to support local organic growers and farmers.
- Manchester Carbon Co-op - a renewable energy and energy efficiency co-operative set up to make low carbon technologies cheaper and simpler for households to buy.
- FarmStart Manchester - the UK's first incubator farm, aiming to grow to growers to feed Greater Manchester.
- Commercial Organic Horticultre Training - courses run by local farmers.
Visit the website for more information on how to get involved.
|0161 226 2242|
|The Kindling Trust Unit 19, 41 Old Birley St, Work for Change, Hulme, Manchester M15 5RF|